+- 127.31 Acres - River Oaks Estate
150 Stokes Place, Long Creek, SC 29658
River Oaks Estate, located in an incredibly unique area of the South Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains steeped in sleepy charm, is a true highland paradise. A gated entrance leads to a half-mile driveway adorned with exquisite landscaping that blends in magnificently with the native flora. The incredibly scenic thoroughfare continues through mature hardwood stands filled with rhododendrun and mountain laurel, manicured fields, and past two historic settlers cabins just beyond a fork in the road which leads down to a pristine four acre, spring fed pond with a dock and storage room. Beyond the settlers cabins is a large hay barn and fenced in cattle pastures with water and feed troughs as the driveway continues to the 8,145 SF custom log home.
The uniqueness and high-end construction materials of the home are immediately apparent with ancient logs salvaged from Lake Burton and an expansive wrap-around front porch existing as showcase exterior features of the modern design. Upon entering the main level, the combination of a two-story vaulted ceiling frame and towering stone fireplace create the piece-de-resistance of the home. The open floor plan stretches into the kitchen/dining room area which includes granite counter-tops, high end appliances, and a hallway that accesses a laundry room, pantry, and back porch dining area with an outdoor fireplace. A spacious master bedroom suite is located across the main living area from the kitchen and includes french doors that open to the back deck, a large master bathroom with double vanities, tub, and shower.
A spiral staircase accesses the top level where a large sitting area overlooks the main level on one side with french doors opening to a porch overlooking the front yard. Two large bedrooms with full baths (double vanities and showers) and identical floor plans including vaulted ceilings are located on opposite sides of the floor. A second spiral staircase accesses the lower level where an entire floor dedicated to leisure and recreation awaits. The layout is ideal for entertainment and offers a bar, a half bathroom, and a second indoor fireplace with two outdoor patios on either side. Two additional bedrooms with full baths are located on opposite sides of the main floor each with doors accessing individual patio areas overlooking a landscaped backyard.
An extraordinary level of attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this property and especially pertains to the craftsmanship, furnishings,and customization throughout the home. These characteristics can be directly attributed to the supervision of the property owner who began his career as a master cabinetmaker before starting a furniture manufacturing company that is now one of the most successful in the United States. The property is a true representation of his authenticity and can be defined as a peaceful harmony of privacy, luxury, and outdoor enjoyment that is truly one of a kind.
Oconee County TM# 168-00-01-004 & 168-00-01-008
- 5BR/5BA Custom Log Home (8,145 SF) located at the end of a half-mile winding gravel road in excellent condition
- Two half bathrooms
- Beautiful views of the surrounding Blue Ridge mountains
- Spring fed/stocked pond with dock and storage room (4+/- acres and a maximum depth of 22')
- 10+/- acres of pasture along with excellent hardwood and pine stands
- Two restored Settlers Cabins along the main driveway
- Substantial fencing throughout the property
- Excellent wildlife populations and property is adjacent to Sumter National Forest (Andrew Pickens Ranger District)
- Custom four vehicle wooden carport
- Backup Generator
- 10,000 gallon water tank
- Located approximately one mile from Lake Tugaloo/Tugaloo River and 3 miles from Chatooga Belle Farm (a thriving wedding & event venue which also operates a bistro, farm store, disc golf, tours, distillery, and U-pick orchards and vineyards) http://www.chattoogabellefarm.com/
- Located 1.5 hours from Greenville and 2 hours from Atlanta